Saturday, 15 November 2014

UPDATE #984326543

Hi readers,

I'd like to apologise for the lack of posts or any kind of activity on here for a while I've just been finding it hard to put words together as it will be 2 years in february that I have been doing this and I'm NO writer so coming up with descriptions etc for the music has been a bit daunting for me and I have to admit I have been avoiding it recently.

I will say that there have been almost daily comments on older posts of late so it would seem new people are still finding the blog and discovering new music from it so that has been encouraging. What has not been encouraging is we got an email from my Internet Service Provider saying they had a complaint about the sharing of copyrighted material, I haven't heard anything since and it wasn't specific so i don't really know what i can do about it so fingers X'ed that will be the last I will hear. what is also discouraging is shit like people criticizing my lack of knowledge/research I have had a couple of digs recently however this was the most recent one posted on my Black Sabbath post (HERE) from an obviously "anonymous" user with regards to my comments (not the write up) with regards to latest BS album "13".....

Think you'll find Geezer is the guilty one for the lyrics, not Ozzy. Plus the album is really Rick Rubin's last ditch effort to relive his Sabbath childhood memories more than the band themselves deciding "Hey, Guvna, let's drop a new album of spooky Brummy stuff we've been hanging on to since the Reunion gig but never got round to recording". And in 2014, you'd think someone posting a rant on an internet blog could have looked that up. But anyway...

to which I replied....


Oh I am sorry that i offended your sabbath sensibilities and yeah my research may be lacking but i have often admitted that and i always say if you're not happy go start your own blog so go push your fucking glasses up your nose and "I think you'll find..." somewhere else Buddy and go start your own blog their new album is a heap of shit. It's dicks like you that make me want to give up doing blogging and exactly the kind of people this blog is NOT directed at I'm not wikipedia,allmusic or whatever I'm a one man free operation who pays his OWN MONEY to file hosters to give free music to other like minded people so why not shut your dick holster and just enjoy the music or go somewhere else,
Thanks for commenting,
Cheers,
Dave B.
I just want to be clear that I have repeatedly and honestly admitted that my research is lacking, my punctuation and grammar is appaling but my passion is unquestionable, All i want to do here is give away free music and some of my opinion on the music I AM NOT A RESOURCE FOR FACTS I have neither the time or the inclanation to spend hours researching my posts I just want to get the music up and share my excitement and enthusiasm for it I write what i know and have no objection to people letting me know I've made a mistake as long as it's polite but sarcastic shit will just get you abused.as I said in my comment It's dicks like that that make me want to give this up and delete everything. If some people can do nothing but criticize considering the amount of time and effort i have given to this blog then they are not going to be treated with any kind of respect or decency so be warned keyboard warriors.
As for the people who leave positive comments and even just a simple "thanks" you're the reason i keep doing this and I thank you all for your encouragement.
Look out for some more updated and some new posts real soon,
Thanks for keeping coming back.
DAVE B.

7 comments:

  1. Fuck that guy. Dont let those a holes ruin a great blog and your obvious passion for this stuff. For every one of the jerkoffs theres a hundred other people that love and respect what you guys do by posting this stuff for us to get a chance to hear. Especially european bands that arent real easy to get a hold of in the states. I hate paying for mp3s. Feels like an empty purchase. If I like it enough and there are physical copies available I will buy it. A lot people like me rely on bloggers to be introduced to new music. Keep it up man. Love this blog and your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that anonymous i know the positive comments outweigh the negative 10 - 1 it just irks me as i have spent many hours on this blog writing and uploading, gone through file host bannings getting shit from my ISP etc etc and for some dick to criticize really hacks me off as i never claim to have my facts 100% straight I just love music and want to share it if i took the time to research everything thoroughly rather than rely on my own knowledge then this blog would be half the size! Anyway thanks for the mucho positive comments the blog will be here as long as my luck with file hosters holds out and people want the music!,

      Cheers,

      Dave B.

      Delete
  2. You have to accept the fact that negative comments will keep surfacing from time to time, I personally think that your uploads are great! Do you have an e-mail address where we could discuss futture uploads? Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i know but that guy really pissed me off negative i can handle snotty is different though anyway as for future uploads well i'm afraid i don't give it out however feel free to comment/request anything you like here,

      Cheers,

      Dave B.

      Delete
  3. Hi Dave - I just found your blog looking for stuff by Sleep - Thanks for all that you're doing here. Awesome job on the quick download links and just thanks for doing all of this. I'm looking forward to exploring you blog and discovering a bunch of cool music that I've never heard before. Rock on brother! And cheers from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anon thanks for the kind comments glad you found the blog and the Sleep stuff they are a big favorite of mine! Canada eh? you guys have a BLISTERING music scene there a lot of my favorite stuff comes from your province! Enjoy the music and feel free to request etc there are some upcoming posts on some local bands in the VERY heavy/sludgy style so watch out for them soon.

      Cheers,

      Dave B.

      Delete
    2. Hey Man, I found you site yesterday and have not been off it, I was directed from anotehr siteabout NW music, thinking an entirely different country and holy crap have I been amazed. Screw that jerkoff. If you are doing it for who you say, well, I'm one orf them. Been on the fringes of the music world since I was given the KISS album "Kiss" for Xmas in 4th grade, when it came out. Got kicked out of the library b/c of playing it for friends and it's been downhill ever since. and, yeah, I have purchased enough music to open a store, and supported many bands in many ways, but ewhen the music biz started doubbling the cost of music b/c it was now on cd, that was crap, especially when the base costs of albums Vs cd was less for ccd. Then they would re-release the same disc with a new bass track, call it a reissue / remaster and charge more. The BIZ side of music is what killed the biz side. Sites like yours are the mixtapes cassettes of ny childhood, staying up late recording from a mic into a radio shak recorder iof a crappy transistor radio, but man, those were the best ever. Needless to say, I LOVE what yer putting out there. O=Its blogs like yours that keeps nagging at me to do one myself, but I;m no writer , obviously, and, well, kinda lazy, but more afraid to meet my own standards at crap. Anyway, I've been wanting to post to you, this spurred my on. Sorry it's anonymous, I do have aname, it does not always come up when I wan to reply, so, as I have said in other places,
      KUDOS! UTS!
      Thee Rev. Lou Cifer
      PS,,got ya bookmarked now too nand will be checking you new site after I pilliage through here, may take some time, just AWESOME!

      Delete