Wednesday, 10 June 2015

APHEX TWIN user48736353001 SOUNDCLOUD


So I have never made my love of ALL kinds of music a secret however I have mostly avoided putting up any electronic music as generally even with the most open minded of music fans IDM (Intelligent Dance Music) can be an opinion divider, it seems beats and bleeps are not everyone's cup of tea, however one electronic artist who seems to crossover into most open minded music fans collection is Aphex Twin someone I have been a fan of since about 1992.

Richard D James is what you might call a classic British eccentric and unless you have been living under a rock since the early 90's and the fact that his music has been used for advertising and many other media I can't see how you could not be aware of his music or his activities! So I feel there is no point in me delving into his history here you can find a million better articles on Richard/Aphex Twin with a quick google search should you wish to do so...

So Aphex Twin has been making music under various guises since about 1985 (tho did not release anything till the early 90's) and has been nothing short of prolific over the years tho he recently put out a slew of releases in the last 6 months he had been fairly quiet since his "Analord" series of 12 Inches ended in 2005 however as some people may or may not be aware a Soundcloud account was started under the name user48736353001 This person claimed to be a friend of Richard D James and claimed to have been making electronic music around the same time that was heavily influenced by Aphex Twin's output and began uploading quite a lot of tracks to Soundcloud eventually it became clear and was finally confirmed that user48736353001 was none other than Richard D James himself. The account was closed shortly thereafter and all the archive material gone (He now has 2 other soundcloud accounts with bits and bobs on but that's down to you the reader to go check out!!!)

Now people who are a fan of Aphex Twin will know that Richard D James has often said he has a VAST archive of unreleased material, it would seem that he has compiled greatly more unreleased material than what has actually been released so he began to upload big chunks of this archive material to soundcloud. Now this is no well kept secret here and I came to this whole Soundcloud thing late however I checked it out and found that the vast amount of stuff on there was too intimidating for me firstly I hate streaming and then I thought what should I listen to first? what will  he delete? etc etc so i had a look thought "Pretty cool" and left it at that and kinda forgot about it! Because I was late getting to it there was just too much stuff to go through.

However a few days ago I was looking for something else and i came across a 2.5GB download entitled "user48736353001 the soundcloud playlists" the user name rung a bell and I realized this was a download of everything that Aphex Twin had uploaded to Soundcloud on that account so I thought why the hell not so I downloaded it and kinda regretted it immediately what I was confronted with was a huge messy playlist with 207 tracks all in one long list however it was numbered 1 - 6 so i took that to be playlists uploaded at different times so I broke it into 6 slightly more manageable chunks retagged it all sorted it out into a more easily digestable format and that's what I present to you here.

Now I did some research and I will say that these tracks are no secret there are links on several well known internet pages to downloads of this stuff however when i did my research I found most of the links to be dead so I decided I would put up my "version" of these infamous tracks for you readers!

OK so onto the music firstly these are huge files the smallest being 138mb the largest around 450mb!!! the bitrates vary from 128kbps to 320kbps and the total playing time of all 6 parts is a mighty 17 hrs the tracks are taken from all eras of Aphex Twin from before he released any music to bang up to date however I have no idea which is which and he hasn't said either but if you are familiar with Aphex Twin then you will know his sound is completely unique and whilst always progressing his music forward he has also remained consistent again it's a case of when you hear Aphex Twin you know it can only BE Aphex Twin and no one else. I cannot claim to have listened to all of this music (yet) but from what I have listened to sounds as good and in some cases better than his released music. Whilst I am sure someone will either officially or unofficially release some sort of box set or something in the mean time i present you with 207 tracks 17 hrs of unreleased Aphex Twin material comprising demos,remixes some live stuff and just general Aphex Twin madness.

So before your links I want to mention something else Aphex Twin is probably best known for his 2 most popular albums "Selected Ambient Works" 1 & 2 when i downloaded the file originally as well as the playlists I've already mentioned there was another folder entitled "Selected Ambient Works 1.5" now I don't know anything about this why it is entitled that as i said i was late to the party with the whole user48736353001 thing however reading between the lines it would seem this folder contained tracks that were intended for the "Selected Ambient Works" series but never used now I have not uploaded this here because it turned out ALL the tracks in the Selected Ambient Works 1.5 folder were actually in the other 6 playlists anyway but just for fun here is the track list and in which playlist you can find them and you can make it up yourself as this seems like too precise a selection from 207 tracks to have not been put together by Aphex Twin himself ....

"Selected Ambient Works 1.5"

1: Sams Car (Playlist 1 track 22)
2: AFX Orig Theme (Playlist 1 track 18)
3: Red Alert (Playlist 1 Track 16)
4: Suzanne (Playlist 1 track 5)
5: Dance And Play (Playlist 3 Track 13)
6: Nova Robotiks (Playlist 3 Track 18)
7: 21 Forgotten T (Playlist 4 Track 1)
8: Lannerlog (Playlist 5 Track 6)
9: Bimbongo (Playlist 1 Track 6)
10: Symbonsad (Playlist 1 track 14)
11: Original Chaos Riff ( Playlist 1 track 2)

And below is the cover that appeared in my media player (tho it would appear there was a different picture for each track)....



So there you go you can D.I.Y. as i felt it would be stupid to give you 11 repeat tracks on top of the 207!!!

Right so below you will find links to the 6 playlists i would suggest downloading them all if you have the space because there are some stunning alternate version/different takes on some of his most well known work as well as a goldmine of unheard stuff and i for one have enjoyed everything I have listened to so far it may seem like an awful lot of music by one artist and I have not listened to it all myself yet but broken down into 6 chunks as I have done here even though they are far from bite size means you can dip in whenever you like rather than try to digest 17 hrs of music in one sitting.

Aphex Twin whether because of his eccentricities or the sheer originality of his amazing music is by far the most popular IDM/Electronic music artist around and the one who has had the longest career within that genre the albums he has released have all been real masterpieces of the style and the quality of the Vast amount of unreleased material here (and these 207 tracks are apparently a mere glimpse into his archive) shows that there's a good reason why he is that popular.
Here's your links Enjoy......


(Please note there was a TON of artwork for all these playlists there is a folder entitled Artwork that includes all the art plus the above cover (which i used for all 6 parts) plus all the individual pictures for various tracks this folder is included in Playlist 1 OK)

Playlist 1Mediafire

Playlist 2Mediafire

Playlist 3Mediafire

Playlist 4Mediafire

Playlist 5Mediafire

Playlist 6Mediafire

Not Included in the artwork are some notes from a Solid Steel Radio Show Mix that was done by DJ Food here it is if you save then open it in a picture viewer you can read some notes about this music by someone who was actually there at the time (The DJ FOOD mix is not enclosed on this post)....


Also you can find a full breakdown and all the information you could need on these tracks HERE


And finally I have a LARGE (4GB) archive of Aphex Twins released material including almost but not ALL he has done under his about 20 or more aliases should anyone be looking for anything then comment and I shall see what i can do however do see ON HIATUS post HERE and be patient Thanks)

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. ha ha if only! I would use my powers for evil though :-) thanks for the comment glad you like it and thanks for commenting,

      Cheers,

      Dave B.

      Delete
  2. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! I think i'm gonna cry....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. you're welcome! Cheers for commenting,

      Dave B.

      Delete
  4. Wat an amazing, amazing blog. Thank you for all this incredible work and excellent music!

    ReplyDelete